Sunday, April 21, 2024

4/9 Alligators at Myakka & Bad Dump Hookup

The best place to see alligators at Myakka State Park is along the bridge that passes over the Myakka River.  The river widens a bit here, and a lot of fishermen use the bridge for fishing, so it attracts alligators.  

Here are some of the photos I took this week while I stayed in the park.  



No swimming in this river, for obvious reasons!!

The birds do not seem worried, however.


 
I like to come back to this campground at Myakka because the sites are very large and this area has full hookups, meaning I can hook up my rig to electric, water, and sewage.

Most of the time, sewer hookups are level with the ground.  Unfortunately in this campground, someone decided that water could run uphill.

What this means for campers like me is that we have to "walk" the liquid in the sewer pipe by lifting it up in sections to drain it.  I know they have done this to prevent sewage from ending up on the ground, but it is very irritating to have to by lifting the hose up, and hoping the end does not come loose from the hookup, thus dumping sewage on ourselves and on the ground!!  Grrrrr!



No comments:

Post a Comment