Sunday, December 31, 2017

12/29 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, OH

I'm in Ohio for a few days visiting family, so one trip we took was to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in downtown Cleveland.  I had never been before, but it is really an enormous exhibit.  However, being as old as I am, I stopped taking pictures when the exhibits got beyond the 70s!  If you want to know about more recent artists, you need to go there yourself.


 Not sure what the giant hotdog had to do with Rock m' Roll, but I think it was part of the overall ambiance and an art exhibit. 


Here are some photos of the exhibits that are organized by era.  


Muddy Water's guitar.
Some early soul singers. 

Country and folk music.

 They had several items from Elvis.  Here is one of his performance outfits.

And Jerry Lee Lewis at the piano along with more things that belonged to Elvis.

And since I am from Detroit and grew up in the 50s....



More 50s stuff.

Michael Jackson's belt.

And some outfits and other stuff.

  And of course, his glove.

There was a lot more, but I got tired of taking photos.  It really was a worthwhile visit, especially since it was much too cold to do anything outside.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment