Monday, November 7, 2016

11/5 Stuart, Florida Boardwalk

I took advantage yesterday of Enterprise's $9.99 a day weekend special and rented a car.  When I started out on this adventure, I considered towing a car, but decided that it was not worth the cost or the effort of hauling something around.  Yes, sometimes it does make it a little difficult to go somewhere, but I usually call ahead and have mostly very good luck in finding places to park a big rig.

However, there are some places such as in cities where it is a little more difficult, so I occasionally will rent a car for a few days.  So this weekend, I had it from Friday noon until Monday noon, and they came and picked me up, as they promise in their ads.

I had some errands to run today, but before I did them, I headed out to do a little sightseeing.  One of the places recommended was the old downtown area of the nearby town of Stuart where there is a boardwalk along the bay.  I parked in this pleasant park under the highway underpass, and entered the boardwalk here.


This is the fishing pier under the bridge.  The boardwalk goes left and right here, but after chatting with someone walking her dog, I headed right. 

Today was windy and slightly cooler than it has been here.  Southern Florida has been horribly hot and muggy since I have arrived--at least to my northern sensibilities.  Today it was a pleasant 81 during the day with a very stiff breeze, as you can tell by the waves here and the palms in the next photo. Not too windy to walk, however.  



This little blue heron was fishing just a couple of steps away from me. 


There is no beach here on the bay and a lot of private homes, so it was nice to have this boardwalk. 

I spent an hour or so walking around downtown and looking in the little shops. I have taken my motorhome down streets like this, but it is not easy and parking would be impossible, so I was happy to have the rental car.

The best part was that there were golf-cart shuttles so that I did not have to walk all the way back to where I had left my car.  Nice fountain on this roundabout.

No comments:

Post a Comment