Tuesday, November 29, 2016

11/25 WP Franklin Lock and Dam Campground

I almost forgot to post the few photos I took of this campground.  I normally take more, but this time my fear of additional no-see-um bites prevented me from going outside much.  That and the fact that I was really behind on grading papers for my online class meant I spent a lot of time indoors working. 

Anyway, this is the Corps of Engineers lock and dam campground closest to Ft. Myers.  (Farthest east is St. Lucie, and in between this campground and Lake Okochoobee is Ortona South, where I will be in a week or so.  The negative to this campground is that you cannot walk across the dam, meaning that you cannot see the lock from this side of the river. You have to drive about 15 miles to the day use site on the other side to do that.  The good news is that this is a pretty part of the river. 

Anyway, I don't think the photos require much explanation. The first one shows my campsite. Nice!



Cruisers can camp also!  They have electric hookups if they want them.
 
The locks are way over on the other side.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment