Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/9 Natchez Trace - Part II

This is such a pretty parkway!  I have shown you only a few of the photos I took and just a sample of the scenery.  There are many sites with historic markers along the way, and many places just to picnic.  Overall, I think it is at least as pretty as the Blue Ridge Parkway, so I wholeheartedly recommend it.  The nice part for me was seeing Fall advance as I went north, and the fact that there was so little traffic along the way.  That made driving very pleasant!  Here are a few more photos, including one of a spectacular bridge and an overlook off that bridge.




Here is a photo of Meriwether Lewis's burial site and monument.  He died a suspicious death from a gunshot wound, but no one was ever prosecuted.

And finally, the END of the parkway!
 
 

2 comments: