Saturday, July 7, 2012

7/7 Grand Island, NE

It's beginning to feel a little more like I have gotten somewhere because the landscape is looking just a bit different--things are farther apart and fewer trees among the rolling hills.  I am here in a dusty campground for two days.  Tomorrow I visit the Stuhr Museum and will try to post a photo or two tomorrow morning. 

It is taking me a full day to drive about 280 miles, partly because I am driving only 60 MPH and partly because I keep stopping a lot.  Yesterday, I did grocery shopping and today I found a Home Depot to get some velcro strapping and some hose washers to replace the one I lost so my water connection does not spurt water.  I also stopped at JoAnn Fabrics to get some foam to try to construct a booster seat for myself since the one I have is really, really uncomfortable and cuts into the backs of my legs.  It is just too small and not the right shape, so I will try foam in a pillow case for now.  I also looked at cameras at a Best Buy but did not buy anything.  I would really like one that takes panorama photos.  Rocky Mountain National Park here I come in three days!!

Monday, I will stop at a nearby RV dealer to get someone to check my tire pressure and tell me where I can get a propane fillup.  I can't just transfer tanks because it is built in, so I need someone who can refill my tank directly.  I also want to stop at an urgent care clinic to get someone to look at some really nasty bites I have that are red and large, but I don't think are infected yet.  They are almost two weeks old, however, so I would have thought they would be gone by now.  Need to take more antihistimine tonight.  Not really an emergency, but I don't want to let them go. 

And for the couple of people who asked, no, I do NOT miss work!  Not bored, either.  I am really sleeping better than I have for years also, which is really nice!  No getting up five times every night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment