Saturday, November 20, 2021

11/10 Grayton Beach Brief Breachwalk

Not much going on in my life as I am being very lazy and just spending days lazing around and doing some catch-up reading.  Also, I am beginning to plan for my trip to the UK next May and have made just a few reservations.  The tricky part is the following:

  • It is easier and much cheaper to arrive in London than in Edinburgh.
  • It is also about half the price to rent a car in a less touristy town than either London or Edinburgh.  Car rental, especially for an automatic, is going to be a major expense.  I could rent a cheaper manual, and I have driven a manual much of my life, but it is hard enough to focus on staying in the correct lane and making the proper turns without having to worry about shifting.
  • I want to spend time in both London and Edinburgh, but WITHOUT a car since parking is just not possible in either place.  
  • However, I want to visit several places in Yorkshire and Scotland where I will need a car to drive to small towns and properly explore.
  • So it looks like I will fly into London, spend five nights, then take the train to Edinburgh and spend four nights there, and then take a short train ride to York, where I will pick up a car for a little over three weeks of driving.  At the end of my trip, I will drop car off in York and take a train back to London or directly to Heathrow.

Anyway, the weather has been perfect here is Florida--sunny days and almost no rain, and most importantly, NO HURRICANES during this hurricane season! 

Today, I rode my bike to the beach and went for a short walk.  The sand here is amazingly white, but it is also hard to walk in.  The beach is fairly steep to the water, so even during low tide, there is little hard sand to walk on.  

No comments on the following because they are pretty self explanatory--a lot of very white sand and clear water of the Gulf of Mexico.








No comments:

Post a Comment