Saturday, February 13, 2021

2/11 McDowell Regional Park, Maricopa County, AZ

 This is, unfortunately, a very popular campground, so it is hard to get a reservation.  After the State of New Mexico cancelled my February reservations, I was lucky to get four days in a prime site here.  I had a lot of work to do, so not much time to sightsee, but I did enjoy the four days I had here.  

One thing I like about this campground is that the sites are so far apart that you have a really nice since of privacy and of being isolated in the desert.  The other thing I like is the yipping of coyotes as they get ready to go out for their evening hunt.  

There is no real order to these photos, but it will give you an idea of why so many people like this place.  You can see in this first photo how there is someone across the road from me, but not for a long way on either side.  



This is a covered play area for kids.  It is mostly climbing structures, but I imagine when the temps get into the 120s, a cover is really nice.






I feel very comfortable camping way out in the desert with a nice breeze blowing during the COVID-19 pandemic.  Much nicer than a cramped, commercial campground near the city.

Love my huge camping site.  Nice gravel with no dust clouds.


The colors change just before the sun sets.





No comments:

Post a Comment