Friday, January 29, 2021

1/20 Lake Pleasant Regional Park northwest of Phoenix

 Maricopa County, which is the county Phoenix is located in, has a lot of beautiful regional campgrounds.  This is one of my favorites, but I did not take many photos because I was only here a few days and also because it was windy and rainy, so did not spend much time outdoors. 

I know a lot of the scenery in this part of the country looks similar, but each view as you drive is unique.   Most of these photos, by the way, were taken the day I arrived or the next day because the weather quickly got nasty. 

There are several campgrounds in this park, but I like this one, Roadrunner Campground, because it has water and electric at all sites and is located on a bluff so the view of the lake is good.  It is also within walking distance of the shore and the visitor center.

Lake level is about average for this time of year.



I had one of the nicer sites, with a great view of the lake.  Only problem was when the weather turned nasty, the wind was really rocking my vehicle and I had to close one slide so the slide awning would not tear.  This photo, obviously, was taken before the storm hit.

Not sure what kind of a bird this one was, but he was very noisy. 

The bunnies here were not used to being fed carrots.  I would toss them a small piece, but unless it practically hit them on the nose, they could not figure out what it was.  I only gave them a couple of pieces, anyway.

 By bunnies! 


No comments:

Post a Comment