Tuesday, June 30, 2020

6/28 Pictured Rocks, Munising, MI & McLain SP

I was originally going to take the tour boat to these colorful cliffs along Lake Superior, but I decided it was too expensive and I had been around too many people lately anyway.  So, I drove to the national park and took a few photos.






Look at how clear the water of Lake Superior is!  



I only stayed one night here because there was absolutely no cell service, which I use to get internet service.  No internet--not able to do things for my online class I teach, so left the next morning. 

The State of Michigan REALLY needs to update this campground!!  Sites are dirt and uneven, plus the electrical boxes are all shared, which means that two RVs must plug into one box.  If the second RV does not have a long enough electrical cord, they are out of luck.

It is hard to see, but there is a beach down there, but a narrow one since the Great Lakes water levels are very high.  And you can see that storms in the past caused damage to this part of the shore, hence the protective rocks. 



Lake Superior is super clean, but also super cold!  



No comments:

Post a Comment