Friday, May 3, 2019

5/3 Tillicum Beach, Again

This is one of my favorite places in Oregon.  It has almost everything I like in a campground:  excellent view of the ocean, large camping sites, paved roads and camp sites, electric and water hookups, and a few sites with satellite reception.  (Negatives are almost no cell service, thus weak internet, and no dump station, but the sound of the waves makes up for that.  Oh, and because it is a federal facility, I get a discount.  

I have been here several times over the last couple of years and have reservations for two more times over the next few months.  

Here is my campsite facing the ocean.  To the left are the no-hookup sites that can handle either small motorhomes or trailers, but have areas for tents.  They have great views!



This shows two of the tent areas, divided by the fence. The one on the right is smaller, but does have a path through the shrubbery with a viewing area where you could set up some chairs. 
 
Also, directly across from me is the campground entrance to the beach. 


Looking at the campground, past my vehicle.


There are more tent sites to the left and RV hookup sites to the left, farther down the roadway.  I like that everything is paved, so no dust.

I was very surprised these next slides turned out.  These are fishing boats way out on the horizon.  Used my 50x telephoto, but could not tell what I got until I loaded these onto my laptop.  So excuse the fuzziness and drops of water on my lens from the spray of the waves. 


They must have been catching something because there were a lot of them. 

I always try to go for a beachwalk at low tide because it is easier to walk on the hard sand, and there is more to see on the sand.



This dead crab was pretty small.  He must not have made it back to the sea as the water was receding. 


Cold and windy, but a very nice walk!  

No comments:

Post a Comment