Tuesday, February 13, 2018

2/6 Desert Botanaical Garden

This is one of my favorite places in Phoenix, so I come here whenever I am in town.  It is just a very pleasant place to wander around on a nice day, and today was sunny wiwth temps in the lower 70s.  Perfect!  So this year I bought an annual pass that lets me in at no cost until March 1, 2019, and gives me a guest pass for one visit--a bargain.  It also enables me to visit some other botanical gardens across the country.


These are the leftovers from the Chihuly exhibit two years ago, which was the last time I had visited.  However, I was told these were not exactly gifts, but instead were purchased at big bucks!

This is something from the newest exhibit by sculptor Jun Kaneko.  Most of the pieces are ceramic.  Not quite sure of the meaning. 

And just a few cactus photos, of course. 

 Some areas within the gardens are highly landscaped and others are more natural.


These don't look very big from a distance, but compare them to the people standing near them. 


I had lunch in the outdoor cafe, and of course, the quail were searching for crumbs.
More sculpture.
  
 This is a sculpture inside a water feature.  Nice place to sit and enjoy the day. 

 The sign says that a jackrabbit ate a large part of the bottom of this cactus, killing it.  It may look green, but is not growing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment