Thursday, January 12, 2017

1/12 Kayaking at Gamble Rogers State Park

It turned out to be a gorgeous sunny day here at the beach, but I had signed up for the last spot in a kayaking tour, so that was my activity for the day.  Only a small part of this state park is along the ocean.  Most of it is on the other side of the highway and consists of a saltwater marsh and a part of the inter-coastal waterway. 

Here we are getting ready to get into (or onto) the kayaks.  They helped me in because my knees would not bend enough for the approved method! 


This is the fishing bank for this part of the park. 
 
 
I did not realize the seat backs were adjustable.  Since I am so short, the life preserver added bulk, which made it uncomfortable on my back.  Next time, I will ask them to loosen the back so I am not pushed forward so much. Thanks for my neighbors for taking this photo of me.   

Most of my photos will have other kayakers in them because it was hard to take a photo otherwise, but these are my campground neighbors.


It was a little windy and the tide was coming in, so it was hard not to bump into another kayak as you tried to keep up with the group or listen to the volunteer guide.



Ah, back to the dock!  My neck, back, and shoulder muscles will never be the same.

Also managed to get a photo of these kite riders.  Looks like fun, but it also looks like a long way up there and a long drop into the ocean, so I think I will pass.


Tomorrow is the first day of the Flagler Beach farmers' market, so I may ride my bike the two miles down to it in the morning.  This assumes, of course, that I am not too sore.

It was a fun day, but padding constantly for two hours really wore me out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment