Wednesday, August 31, 2016

8/31 Still Alive!

Sorry for not posting for a while, but I am still alive and kicking.  Just been busy visiting relatives and friends for a few weeks.  Also, had and still have a ton of end-of-semester things to get done for the online classes I teach.  Here is what I did after leaving the Mississippi River:
  • Survived the drive past Chicago on I-80.  I was lucky traffic was not too bad. That stretch of road is often bypassed by RVers, for obvious reasons. 
  • Spent one night at Indiana Dunes State Park, but was so tired that I did not even look at the dunes.  I arrived in late afternoon and was back on the road early the next morning.  I did take a peak through the trees at Lake Michigan, however.
  • Spent three nights in Maumee Bay State Park, just east of Toledo, Ohio.  This campground was designed by a genius because there are never any campsites behind you and you cannot see very far down slowly curving roads.  It is also almost always nearly empty and very quiet, so a good place to rest and, for me, to get work done.
  • Spent 10 days at West Branch State Park.  My son and his family live in that area, so I spent most of time non-working time visiting with them.  Each child also got to spend a night with me in the motorhome!
  • Spent three afternoons cleaning out junk from the storage place where I stored it all when I sold my condo over four years ago.  I had tossed a lot of stuff before moving, but kept a lot of furniture in case I did not like living in a motorhome.  Wish I had tossed out more, but I am working hard to get rid of stuff and keep all the family mementos. 
  • Drove to the Detroit area where I have spent the last few days catching up on doctor visits and various tests.  I have kept my old doctors all of these past four years because it is just so hard to find new ones.  I come up here only once a year, so I had a lot of things that needed to be done. 
  • Spent some time here in the Detroit area buying things like Vernors and Faygo Red Pop, plus got some fresh kielbasa--all things I cannot get anywhere else!  Still need to get a couple of Awrey Long John Coffee Cakes and have some Thai takeout.
I will be heading south to Florida in another three or four weeks, so will be back to posting then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment