Wednesday, December 3, 2014

12/3 What Do I Do All Day?

I tend to post only every few days.  Do you wonder what I do on other days when I don’t post?   

Well, sometimes I don’t post because I am driving and there is really nothing exciting to take pictures of or write about.  Other times are days when I am working all day.  I teach part-time and have a lot of work to do grading papers and also getting my online classes ready for the next semester.   

And sometimes I am just doing the stuff everyone else does when they own a home—cleaning, cooking, laundry, running errands, or relaxing.  For example, the day before yesterday, I did two loads of laundry, graded some papers, and took a beach walk.  Yesterday, I rode my bike five miles to the post office to send off some packages to my grandkids, stopped at the library to print off some tax documents, bought something at a bakery, and rode back home.

One of the nicest things about being mostly retired and living on the road full-time is that I am not in a hurry.  It is a very different life than traveling while on vacation.  For example, while you are on vacation, you may drive 1,000 miles in a week and visit three or four places.  I tend to drive maybe 200-300 miles in a week and stay in one or two places.  Sometimes I will stay in the same campground for a week or two, which means I don’t have to sightsee every day.  If the weather is a little chilly or foggy as it was today, I’ll stay home and catch up on things.  

Today, it was foggy so I stayed inside all day.  I backed up some files from my regular computer, updated my backup laptop, sorted out some stuff in one of my storage areas inside, and baked some pasties from scratch.  (Also, spent an hour yelling at Microsoft on the phone, but that is a long story.)  Mainly I have been sitting around today, downloading student narrated PowerPoint presentations, making sure the sound could be heard, and answering about 30 emails, so it was really a busy day.  Course I had my satellite TV on, so I was also partly watching some of my favorite programs.  

If the weather is sunny tomorrow, I will get my bike out and go for another ride.  I want to check out some of the other places in this state park, including the other campground.  I always am thinking about good sites for the next time I am someplace. Also want to do some exploring of the nearby Fernandina Beach area.   

Somehow, the days go by very quickly, but I am still happy when I do not have too much to do.  I have several books I keep putting off reading, so always welcome some extra time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment