Tuesday, October 21, 2014

10/18 Gorgeous Day in San Francisco

San Francisco is usually cold and foggy, but on this Saturday it turned out to be sunny and warm, with highs in the mid-70s.  Perfect!

Anyway, we drove in on the Bay Bridge and I got some great views of the city.  You can see the new white-colored span on the east portion in this photo, with parts of the old bridge still standing.  They are slowly taking the old span apart and removing it.


And this is the west span, closest to San Francisco.  It was not under construction, obviously.
 
Parked the car at Pier 39 and walked to the cable cars, my favorite thing to do in the city!  Here I am with my two grandchildren.

And some cable car photos!




We stopped at the cable car museum and took a look at the mechanism that controls the cables.


I should have taken more photos, but this is downtown.  Such fascinating buildings. 

Riding in the very back end of the cable car where the brakeman stands.




And had to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge on our way home.  No way would I ever drive my motorhome in San Francisco or over either of these bridges!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment