Saturday, May 31, 2014

5/31 Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, TX

I am camped in Amarillo for the night, so I had to stop at the famous Cadillac Ranch along what used to be Route 66.  Here is a little of its history:  http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2220

The problem is that it has become a graffiti mecca.  Which would not be so bad if the people adding spray paint to the art also picked up after themselves. 

There are piles and piles of empty spray paint cans and lids scattered around.  I cannot believe people cannot just take back what they brought.  The cans, lids, and plastic bags also blow around.  Whoever farms the surrounding fields must have to pick up before they plow or plant.  What a mess!

And here is the art piece at the campground I am staying at.  Appropriate, right?


I pulled into my assigned spot near the laundry, and found this sitting on the electrical box.  What is funny is that I have left two almost identical wrenches sitting in similar spots.  One I know of was in Texas, but I can't remember the other one.  (I use them to tighten the water hose because I don't have enough hand strength.)  Glad to know I am not the only one who leaves a trail of wrenches. 


No comments:

Post a Comment