Monday, April 21, 2014

4/17 Lake Lanier, GA

Another Corps of Engineering campground on a lake--well, nearly all COE campgrounds are on lakes because lakes, canals, and dams are what this organization does.  What is nice is that almost all of these federal projects result in recreation areas and campgrounds.  And RVers like me like the campgrounds because they are nearly all very well maintained and half-price for us old folks!

I had reserved an excellent open site where I could see the lake and also get satellite TV service, one of my personal requirements so I don't miss my favorite shows while "roughing it."  My site is shown here.  What was really nice was that it was high and faced both sides of the long peninsula on which it was situation, so I had excellent views.

The first three photos show the right side of my view. 

 

This shows the left side of my view and the road going out to several more campsites.

 
This cute little guy is the first Eastern bluebird I have ever seen!  He sat on the numbered campsite post for a while.  Then he sat on my left mirror and finally on my windshield wiper and looked in, but was too fast for me to get a photo.  Isn't he gorgeous?  I could not believe how blue he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment