Monday, March 18, 2013

3/16 More Flowers and Birds

Here are three dune/beach flowers and one I cannot identify.  The first is called coral bean.
 
The next one is called indian blanket:

And I believe this is a primrose:

I have no idea what this one is. The plant is maybe 4" tall with tiny white flowers:

And here is a small flock of beach birds.  It is funny that you almost always see these three kinds in a mixed flock.

And I do love these willets.  They seem to be very solitary birds:




2 comments:

  1. Willets travel thousands of miles!
    http://www.planetofbirds.com/charadriiformes-scolopacidae-willet-tringa-semipalmata

    one of longest migrations of all species.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty good-sized birds, so I can believe that. Very long beaks, also.

    ReplyDelete