Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12/8 Disney World Electric Light Parade

After stopping at several places to pick up groceries, buy Christmas gifts, and order new glasses, I made it to my campsite in Disney's Fort Wilderness.  This is a relatively expensive, but very nice campground on site at Disney World.  In fact, it was one of the original "resorts" built here and consists of 800 campsites on 700 acres.  Individual sites are screened with trees and shrubbery, and fairly good-sized for a commercial campground.  The premium site I had reserved had an asphalt pad and picnic table area, with gravel around the full hookups and pine needles as mulch around the trees and shrubbery.  It felt nicely private. 

I had requested a site near transportation, and that is what I got.  I am only about 150 feet from the bus stop, which is nice. 


No campfires are allowed, but there are nightly group campfires, along with entertainment and fireworks every night.  You take a bus to the lake and a ferry directly to the Magic Kingdom.  Other buses at the check-in area take you to any other place at Disney World.  Personally, I like the ferries best, at least for the Magic Kingdom.  You can take a ferry to the Contemporary Hotel and then the monorail to Epcot or the Magic Kingdom.

I was going to sit around Saturday night and grade papers, but I couldn't resist!  I was at Disney, so why not go somewhere??  I hopped on a bus and ferry, and then went to the Magic Kingdom just as it was getting dark.  It was busy, but not too horribly crowded, so I was able to find a nice spot on the curb to watch the parade. 




 
 
It was a great night, especially since it was still warm at 11:00 pm when I got back to my RV.  No jacket needed!  Must be Florida. 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. That is a really nice site Judy. Had no idea they would be so private and spacious even though expensive. You got some wonderful pictures at the parade. So glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete